Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Health March 14, 2017

Today we watched the rest of Cheaper By the Dozen and went over the test for next time. I also extended due date on packets but not on RBA's- they were due the 14th.

Here is what to know for the test:

C's of Healthy Relationships on how they are important.
Communication
Cooperation
Compliance
Compromise

Five Stages of Grief and reasons you would grieve

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance


Ways or Modes we communicate
Non-verbal- 70%
Tone, Pitch -
Words
Electronically

TedTalk by Amy Cuddy about Nonverbal Communication

Funnel of Intimacy vs. Relationship Track

Hold Hands
Hug
Cuddle
Make out
Petting
Sexual Intercourse

vs.

Friends
Dating
Dating Exclusively
Engagement
Marriage

3 Skills of Conflict Resolution

1 - Think Win-Win
2 - Seek first to Understand Then to be Understood
3 - Synergize to come up with a solution

3 Ingredients of an I message
I feel, when, because

Communication Styles: know definitions (in your notes)
Assertive:
Agressive
Passive
Passive/Agressive

Know Cheaper By the Dozen

Questions I should ask myself before I post something online

Would the adults in my life - parents, relatives, teachers, coaches and employers - think this is appropriate?
Could this get me into trouble at school or with the law?
Who might be hurt or embarrassed by this content?
Does it give any information about me or another person that should not be shared?
What does this content say about the kind of person I am? Is that how I want to be seen?

How could this impact my future opportunities, such as scholarships, college acceptances and employment?

No comments: